Museum of Milling
The first mention of the current Zevlův mlýn comes from the Novohradský land register from 1390 and Mikoláš (in Latin Michaele) is mentioned as a miller. The exhibition includes mainly mill exhibits found during repairs since 2011, but also exhibits imported from other mills. There are also old maps and documents with translations from 1390. Visitors have the opportunity to see a fully functional mill with technology from the late 19th and early 20th century and a mill wheel with a diameter of 5m. If conditions allow, the mill can be started. Some documents from the history of Nové Hrady are also exhibited.
Entrance fee (commented tour included:
– Adults 150 CZK
– Children, students and pensioners 100 CZK
To a look are historic farm equipment, restored, fully functional Zetor and John Deer tractors from the 1930s and 1940s. The exhibition is located in front of and next to the Zevlův mlýn and is freely accessible for viewing.